Saturday, June 22, 2019

The Abstract Life: Ethereal, Pastel Stairway Imagery


It was a normal staircase when we walked by, but the way the sun was shining inside the museum gave it a unique look and feel. The shadows were all in the right place. Right then and there, I was inspired to brighten up the image with a couple effects.

First, I added a couple sun flare effects to give it that magical, exquisite look. I lightened the image, blurred then sharpened the staircases and windows, changed up a couple of the hues and then lowered the saturation so it offered a smooth, pastel vibe. Then, I cloned the staircase image, flipped it, and made it symmetrical on the right side. To make it even more of an abstract piece, I cloned various parts of the staircase and windows and smoothed it all over the picture.