Monday, October 9, 2017

Radiating Light and Sunset Colored Clouds Imagery


We all need a little extra light in our lives.

While flying for a couple hours, I watched the sunny afternoon sky slowly transition into sunset and then darkness as we jumped through different time zones.

When I looked outside the plane, I noticed the clear, yellow-orange sunset and soft clouds across the sky and had to capture it immediately. It resembled the colors and natural aspects of the anime Your Name. Your Name has some of the best visual imagery of clouds and streams of radiating lights and I was inspired to use those same colorful effects here. While creating this image, I used the sunset photo as the backdrop and added in various layers to show streams of light (inspired by Perfume's Tokyo Girl MV), sunlight, clouds, sparkles and other reflections. I also added in some human aspects to this by having multiple versions of myself stepping on clouds and creating sharp reflections on the clouds.